Santa Fe Chicken with Roasted Corn Saucedate: October 26, 2012
Nutrition Information (per serving)
½ cup diced green chili
¼ cup sun-dried tomato
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 skinless chicken breast halves, boned and defatted
½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 lg red onion, chopped
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup chicken stock
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp chili powder
4 Roma tomatoes, diced
½ cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- Combine all ingredients for stuffing in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Pound chicken between plastic wrap to about ¼-inch thick. Place ¼ cup stuffing on each chicken breast. Roll.
- Heat a large sauté and add ½ teaspoon olive oil. Sear chicken, seam-side down, for 1 minute. Turn and sear top for 1 minute. Transfer to oven and bake for 18 to 22 minutes.
- Place onion and corn on baking sheet. Place in oven and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until golden. Remove from oven and place in large saucepan. Add chicken stock, salt, pepper and spices. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Cool slightly. Transfer to blender container and puree until smooth. Stir in tomatoes and cilantro.
- Serve 1 stuffed chicken breast with ½ cup sauce.