6 oz all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 oz butter
3 Tbsp canola oil
5 Tbsp cocoa powder
10.5 oz evaporated cane sugar
2 oz applesauce
4 oz egg whites
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a double boiler, melt chocolate with butter and oil.
- In your stand mixer, pour in melted chocolate along with cocoa powder, evaporated cane sugar, and applesauce, and mix together using a paddle attachment.
- Alternatively, add egg whites and sifted dry ingredients to whipped chocolate until well combined.
- Spread brownie batter evenly onto a parchment-lined sheet pan (or baking dish) lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 325⁰ F, or until a toothpick entered into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely and cut into 2-inch squares.
|Servings||24 (1 each)|