Unsure where to start?
Agua Fresca Sports Drink
25.5 oz watermelon
4.5 Tbsp evaporated cane sugar
1/2 tsp salt
4 cups hot water
14 Tbsp lime juice
- Wash the outside of the watermelon, then cut off the rind. Weigh the remaining fruit and dice (you are looking for 25.5 oz of usable fruit).
- Place the diced watermelon into a blender and purée.
- Place 4 cups of hot water into a large pitcher, add evaporated cane sugar, and salt. Stir until dissolved.
- Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the puréed watermelon into the pitcher with the water, salt, and evaporated cane sugar.
- Add lime juice and stir to combine.
Notes: Sports drinks provide a strategic amount of carbohydrates to support exercise performance and fluids. They also replenish electrolytes to support proper hydration. Choose a sports drink when exercising for longer than an hour, if the environment is very hot, and/or if your perspiration is salty and heavy.
|Servings||8 (1 cup each)|