Hibiscus Prickly Pear Sports Drink
37 oz hot water
1/4 cup hibiscus
3 Tbsp evaporated cane sugar
1/2 tsp salt
11 oz strawberries, frozen or fresh
9 oz lemon juice
5.5 oz prickly pear purée
- Defrost frozen strawberries beforehand.
- Place hot water into a large pitcher along with dried hibiscus leaves and steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain out the hibiscus leaves, then add the evaporated cane sugar and salt. Stir until dissolved.
- Place your strawberries in a blender with the lemon juice and purée until smooth. Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the contents of the blender and add to the pitcher of hibiscus tea.
- Finally, add the prickly pear purée and stir until combined.
Notes: Sports drinks provide a strategic amount of carbohydrates to support exercise performance and fluids. They also replenish electrolytes to support proper hydration. Choose a sports drink when exercising for longer than an hour, if the environment is very hot, and/or if your perspiration is salty and heavy.
|8 (1 cup each)