Cranberry Pistachio Energy Bites
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup pistachios
3 Tbsp chia seeds
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup coconut flakes
3 Tbsp maple syrup
2 Tbsp cashew butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Toasted coconut flakes
- Toast cashews, pistachios, and sunflower seeds in a 300⁰ F oven for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Place cashews, pistachios, dried cranberries, and sunflower seeds in a food processor and pulse just until everything has broken down into smaller pieces. Be sure to not overmix.
- Empty the contents of the food processor into a bowl.
- Add toasted coconut flakes, maple syrup, cashew butter, and vanilla into the food processor and mix until well combined.
- Empty the contents of the food processor into the same bowl as the chopped nuts/seeds/cranberries.
- Mix by hand until well combined. Portion into 1 oz balls, and after rounding off, place in coconut flakes to cover.
- Refrigerate for a few hours to set.
Notes: These bites will energize a workout, hike, or even just a great afternoon with their blend of carbs from fruit and healthful fats from pistachios. Consider making a batch of these to bring on weekend hikes, bike rides, and other adventures.
|Servings||16 (2 bites each)|