Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 oz unsalted butter
3 oz low-fat cream cheese
8 oz brown sugar
1 oz egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 oz all-purpose flour
2.5 oz whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
6.5 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together butter, cream cheese, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients (flours, baking soda, and salt).
- Add dry ingredients and chocolate chips to a stand mixer and mix on low speed, for about 10 seconds, until combined.
- Portion 3/4 oz cookies onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake in a 325⁰ F oven for seven minutes. Lightly flatten each cookie (carefully), rotate the baking sheet, and bake for an additional three minutes.
- Cool completely before enjoying.
Canyon Ranch's famous chocolate chip cookies use low-fat cream cheese instead of all butter to help lower the fat. Plus, using a more nutrient-dense whole wheat flour adds more fiber, protein, and vitamins without adding more calories.
|Servings||19 (2 each)|