Mexican Yellowtail with Corn & Shrimp Salsadate: November 6, 2012
Nutrition Information (per serving)
Corn & Shrimp Salsa
¼ cup fresh or frozen corn
½ cup cooked and diced shrimp
3 Tbsp diced tomatoes
1 Tbsp diced red onions
1 Tbsp grated pecorino or asiago cheese
1 tsp fresh mint, chiffonade
2 tsp fresh lime juice
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Pinch sea salt
Pinch freshly ground black pepper
4 4-oz Mexican yellowtail fish fillets
1 cup julienne carrots
1 tsp canola oil
White Bean Puree
¼ tsp canola oil
3 Tbsp sliced shallots
2 tsp minced garlic
1 cup cannellini beans, soaked overnight
1 tsp fresh thyme
1 dried bay leaf
1 tsp sea salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spread corn on a small baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes until caramelized. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients for salsa and mix well. Set aside.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Grill or broil fish for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until done.
- Heat canola oil in a wok or sauté pan over high heat and stir-fry carrots until tender.
- For White Bean Puree: In a large sauté pan over medium heat, sauté shallots and garlic in canola oil until lightly caramelized. Add beans, thyme, bay leaf. Cook until beans are tender. Strain and remove thyme and bay leaf. Place beans in a blender container and puree until smooth. Add salt, pepper and lemon juice and mix well.
- Place ½ cup White Bean Puree on a plate. Top with 4 ounces of fish and ¼ cup Corn & Shrimp Salsa. Serve with ¼ cup carrots.