Grilled Ahi Tuna Sandwich with Citrus Vinaigrettedate: October 26, 2012
Nutrition Information (per serving)
1 Tbsp orange juice concentrate
1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Pinch sea salt
Pinch black pepper
1/2 tsp chopped fresh mint
1¼ cup shredded lettuce
4 4-oz ahi tuna fillets
4 1-oz slices Swiss cheese
4 1-oz slices focaccia bread
1 lg tomato, cut into 4 slices
1 sm avocado, cut into 4 slices
1 med cucumber, peeled and diced
2 Tbsp diced red pepper
1½ Tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp chopped fresh cilantro
1 tsp chopped fresh mint
Pinch red chili flakes
- Combine all ingredients for Citrus Vinaigrette in a small bowl and whisk together with a hand held whisk. Toss in the shredded lettuce until well mixed.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Grill or broil fish fillets 3 to 5 minutes on each side to desired doneness. Place a cheese slice on each tuna fillet and place under broiler until cheese is melted.
- Place one slice of avocado on each slice of foccacia bread. Divide shredded lettuce evenly over the 4 bread slices. Top lettuce with tomato slices. Place tuna fillet on top of tomato slices on sandwich.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients for Cucumber Salad and mix well.
- Serve each sandwich with ½ cup Cucumber Salad