Chocolate Cupcakes with Ganachedate: October 30, 2012
Nutrition Information (per serving)
⅓ cup evaporated skim milk
⅔ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
¾ cup cane sugar
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
Pinch sea salt
2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
½ cup buttermilk
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp pure almond extract
2 Tbsp brewed coffee
½ cup prune puree
2 egg whites
1 lg egg
1 Tbsp semi-sweet dark chocolate chips
- To make ganache, heat milk until just before boiling. Stir in chocolate chips and remove from heat. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes, and whisk together. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly coat cups of a 12-cup muffin tin with canola oil spray or line each cup with a cupcake paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine applesauce, buttermilk, vanilla and almond extracts, coffee, prune puree, egg whites and egg. Pour mixture into large bowl with dry ingredients and stir until smooth. Mix in chocolate chips. Evenly divide batter into muffin tins.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack. Top each cupcake with 2 teaspoons of Ganache.