Beef Tenderloin with Merlot Truffle Demidate: October 22, 2012
Nutrition Information (per serving)
Merlot Truffle Demi
2 Tbsp diced shallots
¼ tsp chopped garlic
¼ tsp canola oil
¼ tsp unsalted butter
½ cup Merlot wine
1½ cups beef stock
½ tsp sea salt
⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
⅛ tsp fresh lemon juice
¼ cup chopped truffles, or 1 Tbsp of truffle oil
6 4-oz beef tenderloin fillets
Pinch sea salt
Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, combine diced shallots, garlic, oil and butter and sauté until shallots are translucent. Add Merlot and reduce by ⅔. Add beef stock and reduce by half. Remove from heat.
- Stir in salt, pepper, lemon juice and chopped truffles or truffle oil. Pour Merlot demi into a blender container and puree until smooth.
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Lightly season beef tenderloin filets with salt and pepper. Grill tenderloin fillets for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or to desired doneness.
- Top each filet with 2 tablespoons Merlot Truffle Demi.