Ahi Tuna with Green Tea Soy Brothdate: October 26, 2012
Nutrition Information (per serving)
2 green tea bags
3 cups hot water
1 Tbsp ginger juice
3 Tbsp low-sodium tamari sauce
2 tsp frozen pineapple juice concentrate
3 cups leeks or scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
4 4-oz ahi tuna fillets
2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups cooked brown rice
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Brew the green tea in hot water for 4 to 6 minutes. In a large saucepan, combine tea, ginger juice, tamari sauce and pineapple juice to create a broth.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil to medium heat. Add leeks or scallions and sauté briefly.
- Brush each tuna fillet with ½ teaspoon of olive oil and grill 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or to desired doneness. Keep warm.
- In a medium sauce pot, reheat broth to a simmer. Pour ¾ cup of broth in a 12-ounce bowl. Add ½ cup of cooked brown rice.
- Top with grilled ahi tuna fillet and ¾ cup of sautéed leeks or scallions