Poached Salmon Wrap with Yogurt Dill Saucedate: November 6, 2012
Nutrition Information (per serving)
½ lb salmon fillets
1 sliced fresh lemon
Pinch sea salt
Pinch freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp capers
2 Tbsp julienne Daikon radishes
½ cup peeled and diced cucumber
½ cup peeled and diced jicama
4 10-inch whole-wheat tortillas
Yogurt Dill Sauce
2 tsp fresh chopped dill
2 tsp canola oil mayonnaise
2 Tbsp low-fat sour cream
2 Tbsp plain nonfat yogurt
2 tsp fresh chopped scallions
1½ teaspoons whole grain mustard
1 Tbsp white vinegar
1 tsp prepared horseradish
Pinch turmeric powder
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan that will fit a steamer basket.
- Lightly spray steamer basket with canola oil spray. Lay salmon fillet in basket, top with lemon slices and season with salt and pepper. Cook covered, until opaque, about 8 minutes. Allow salmon to cool and shred by hand.
- In a medium bowl, toss salmon and vegetables together.
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients for Yogurt Dill Sauce. Fold sauce into the salmon mixture.
- Place tortilla on a flat surface. Place ¼ of salmon and vegetable mixture on a tortilla. Roll burrito style.