5.5 oz tofu, firm
1/2 tsp guajillo chili powder
1/2 tsp korean chili powder
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp garlic granules
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp salt
4 each whole wheat tortillas
2 oz tomatoes, sliced
2 Tbsp tomato jalapeno marmalade
1.5 oz avocado, sliced
- Crumble tofu by hand and season with chili powders, cumin, garlic granules, onion powder, and salt.
- Place seasoned tofu in a pan and cook until heated through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Using a hot griddle, place the tortilla down and top with tofu and tomato jalapeno marmalade. Cook until the tortilla is crispy.
- Add sliced tomato and avocado and fold the quesadilla in half.
- Remove from griddle and cut into 3 wedges.
- Place 1.5 tsp evaporated cane sugar and 2.25 tsp red wine vinegar in a pan and simmer over medium her for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the mixture reaches a syrup consistency.
- Add 1/4 cup diced tomato, 1/2 tsp minced jalapeno, 1/8 tsp cumin, a pinch of orange zest, 1 tsp lemon juice, and 1 tsp orange juice. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until the marmalade reaches a thick consistency, about 20 to 25 minutes (depending on the juiciness of the tomatoes).