Unsure where to start?
Triple Ginger Cookies
4 oz unsalted butter
8 oz low-fat cream cheese
1 pound brown sugar
2 Tbsp egg yolks
6 Tbsp molasses
12 oz all-purpose flour
7.25 oz whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp ginger powder
2.25 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1.5 oz fresh ginger
6 oz crystalized ginger
The "Triple" in the name comes from the three types of ginger in the recipe: Fresh, powdered, and crystallized. The addition of crystallized ginger adds a sweetness to this recipe. Crystallized ginger is created by soaking in sugar water, where it softens, then the pieces are coated in sugar and dried.
- In a stand mixer, cream together butter, cream cheese, and brown sugar.
- Add egg yolks and molasses and mix briefly until combined. Don't overmix.
- In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients (flours, ground ginger, baking soda, and salt).
- Add dry ingredients to the mixer and mix on low speed until combined (about 10 seconds).
- Peel fresh ginger, then using a box grater, shred ginger. Place shredded ginger with crystalized ginger in a food processor and pulse until the crystalized ginger has broken down into small pieces.
- Add gingers to the stand mixer and mix briefly.
- Scoop 3/4 oz cookies onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Lightly flatten with your fingers (carefully). Bake in a 325⁰ F oven for seven minutes.
- Rotate the baking sheet and bake for an additional 3 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
|Servings||19 (2 each)|