Pecan Crusted Chicken Breast with Apple Browned Butter
3 Tbsp butter, unsalted
1/8 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 pinch salt
4 oz chicken breasts, 4 pieces
4 tsp dijon mustard
3 Tbsp pecans, chopped
4 Tbsp gluten-free bread crumbs
16 oz acorn squash, pureed
12 oz coriander red quinoa
12 oz arugula
1/4 tsp olive oil
1 pinch salt
1 pinch pepper
Combining classic Autumn ingredients like apples, cinnamon, allspice, pecans, and acorn squash, this dish is a celebration of the season.
- Preheat oven to 350⁰ F.
- Mix the gluten-free breadcrumbs with the chopped pecans.
- Using a meat mallet or sauté pan, pound the chicken breasts to a 1/2-inch thickness.
- Rub each piece of chicken with dijon mustard, then coat with breadcrumb/pecan mixture.
- Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet and place in the oven until chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165⁰ F (about 10 minutes).
To make apple browned butter:
- Peel and dice the apple. Add diced apples to a pan with the butter over low heat.
- Cook until the butter has browned and the apples have softened.
- Remove from heat and season with allspice, cinnamon, and salt.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before serving.
- Spoon 4 oz of acorn squash puree onto the serving plate and drag.
- Add 3 oz of coriander red quinoa next to 3 oz of sautéed arugula.
- Place cooked chicken breast on top of quinoa, then 1 Tbsp of apple browned butter on top of the chicken.
|Servings||4 (1 plate)|