Blueberry Oat Bars
2 cups certified gluten-free rolled oats
2/3 cups certified gluten-free oat flour
1/2 cup King Arthur gluten-free flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups blueberries
1/2 cup cane sugar
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray and 9'x13' baking pan with canola oil spray.
- In a mixer, combine oats, flours, brown sugar, salt, baking soda, and butter. Divide the oat mixture in half. Press half the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine blueberries, sugar, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water to form a slurry. Add to boiling blueberry mixture. Continue cooking until thickened. Cool slightly before spreading the blueberry mixture over the crust. Sprinkle the remaining flour/oat mixture over top.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Allow bars to cool. Cut into 24 squares.
You asked we listened. By popular demand, we’re sharing the recipe for Canyon Ranch’s famed blueberry oat bars—a fiber and antioxidant-rich treat, best enjoyed in the morning or as a healthy dessert substitute for a berry crumble. Bon appetit!