BBQ Salmon with Parsley Verde
1 cup chopped parsley leaves
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1 lemon (for juicing and for zest)
1 tablespoon capers
¼ cup sherry vinegar
1 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
8-10 oz. center-cut salmon fillet, with the skin on
1 Cedar plank for grilling
Kosher salt and black pepper
- In a blender place parsley, garlic, chili flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice, capers, sherry vinegar, and oil. Blend, then season with salt.
- Marinate Salmon with Parsley Verde at least 30 mins before you start grilling. Set aside a little bit of the marinade to brush after grilling.
- Preheat your grill to 500 degrees.
- Place previously marinated Salmon with the skin side down, in the middle of the plank and season with salt and black pepper.
- Place the plank in the center of the grill and close the lid. Cook for 14-15 minutes until the salmon is firm and no longer completely pink inside. Brush the fish with some marinade during the last 5-6 minutes of it cooking.
- Test with a fork. The fish is done when the flesh flakes off easily. Set aside and serve at room temperature directly from the plank.