Wasabi-Crusted Mahi Mahi with Ponzu Saucedate: November 7, 2016
Nutrition Information (per serving)
½ cup wasabi peas
1 lb Mahi, cut into 4 equal fillets
2 lg eggs, beaten
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp low sodium tamari sauce
2 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp minced fresh ginger
2 tsp cane sugar
1 cup julienne yellow bell peppers
1 cup julienne carrots
1 tsp canola oil
2 cups cooked brown rice
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grind ¼ cup wasabi peas into a fine flour using a coffee or spice grinder. Crush other ¼ cup of wasabi peas to make coarse crumbs. Dredge fish fillets in wasabi flour, then in beaten eggs, then in coarse wasabi crumbs.
- Lightly coat a large sauté pan with canola oil spray. Bring to medium heat. Gently place fish in hot pan and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a baking pan and finish in the oven for 5 to 8 minutes, or until fish reaches an internal temperature of 135F.
- Combine all ingredients for Ponzu Sauce in a blender container and puree until smooth. Strain.
- In a large sauté pan, heat canola oil over medium heat. Sauté peppers and carrots in oil until tender.
- Top each wasabi crusted fillet with 2 tablespoons Ponzu Sauce. Serve with ½ cup stir-fried vegetables and ½ cup brown rice.