Edamame Pot Stickers with Plum Glazedate: November 5, 2012
Nutrition Information (per serving)
Edamame Pot Stickers
½ cup edamame (green soybean) kernels, shelled and steamed
½ tsp fresh lime juice
Dash hot pepper sesame oil
¼ tsp sea salt
Pinch freshly ground black pepper
12 wanton wrappers
1 cup water
2 Tbsp cane sugar
¾ lb fresh plums, pits removed
- Place edamame, lime juice, sesame oil, salt and pepper in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Place 2 teaspoons edamame mixture into the center of each wonton wrapper, wet edge with water, fold over and press lightly to seal.
- Spray a large sauté pan with canola oil spray and heat over medium heat. Place pot stickers in the pan and cook until the bottom is browned. Add ⅓ cup water and cover the pan for 3 to 4 minutes to steam the pot stickers. Remove lid and continue cooking until water is gone.
- In a medium saucepan, stir together water, cane sugar and plums over medium heat. Reduce by half until mixture reaches syrup like consistency. Cool slightly and transfer to a blender container. Puree until smooth.
- Serve 2 pot stickers topped with 2 tablespoons Plum Glaze.