Date Last Modified: May 1, 2015
Canyon Ranch also maintains a separate Notice Regarding Privacy of Protected Health Information, as required by law, that applies to protected health information that the Health and Healing Division of the Canyon Ranch resorts collects from individuals. You may view that statement on the following page: HIPAA POLICY.
1. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit and interact with the Website, we receive and collect certain information. The information that we receive and collect depends on what you do when you visit this Website. We collect information about you in any of the following ways:
- You voluntarily and actively submit information when you purchase a product from our online Store, sign up for e-mail offerings, use our online Contact Us form, use our forward webpage to a friend feature, use one of our online submission forms (Reserve a Speaker, Request a Brochure, Weight Loss Questionnaire, Request for Media Accommodations, Press Room Photo Gallery Request, etc.), apply for a job with us or use any of our other webpage submissions forms.
- If you voluntarily provide, or have provided, information to Canyon Ranch in other contexts, such as while visiting a Canyon Ranch property, or to one of our marketing or technology partners, such as by making a reservation, ordering a gift card or responding to a survey, we may obtain and associate that information with the information you provide to us through the Website.
2. HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use and share the information we collect about you in any of the following ways:
- We use and may disclose your information as needed to provide you with the services, products and information you have requested.
- We may use and disclose your information in order to request that you respond to surveys about our products and services or to send you marketing information about our products and services that you have opted in or otherwise agreed to receive.
- We aggregate your information with the information of other Website users in an anonymous manner (the aggregated data does not identify you or any other user) in order to analyze and improve the use and effectiveness of the Website.
- We may use your information in connection with our marketing initiatives and disclose your information to our corporate affiliates, marketing partners and/or providers.
- Certain elements of your information may be accessible to third party contractors for purposes of providing technical support for the Website and our online Store.
- We may disclose your information when required by law, compelled by a court order, or when necessary or appropriate to protect the safety, property or other rights of Canyon Ranch, its clients or third parties.
- We may disclose your information if Canyon Ranch or its business is sold or offered for sale to another company or person(s), if a petition for relief under the United States Bankruptcy Laws is filed by or against Canyon Ranch, or if Canyon Ranch becomes subject to an order of appointment of a trustee or receiver.
We do not:
- Sell or rent your information to any third parties; or
- Share your information with third parties for the purpose of allowing such third parties to market their products or services to you.
3. HOW YOU CAN ACCESS AND MANAGE YOUR USER INFORMATION
You have the right to know and manage the personally identifiable information we have in our records about you. You may contact us to learn what personally identifiable information we have in our records about you.
4. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards for this Website to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the personal information you provide on this Website. Unfortunately, no transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. Therefore, any transmission of personal information to us is made at your own risk.
5. PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT CHILDREN
The Website is targeted to adults and is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. We do not currently market to or create special areas on the Website for use by children. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 years.
1. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you use the Website, we receive and collect certain information about you. The information that we receive and collect depends on what you do when you visit this Website.
Information You Actively Submit
For most of the browsing on our Website, we neither require nor collect “User Information.” User Information is information that could personally identify you, for example, your name, e-mail address, billing address, shipping address(es), telephone/fax number(s), credit card information, photographs, questions, and any other personally identifying information you choose to submit to the Website. You can browse the Website and take as much time as you want to review our services without having to submit any User Information.
In the following instances, however, we do need you to actively submit User Information – whenever you want to contact Canyon Ranch via electronic means or website submission forms or when you elect to purchase items from the online Store. We collect any User Information you submit via various webpage submission forms including, but not limited to, when you sign up for e-mail offerings or an online Store account, use our online Contact Us form, use our forward webpage to a friend feature, use our Reserve a Speaker form, apply for a job with us, purchase products or services from our online Store, and submit any online question submission forms.
When you send an e-mail to us, you are communicating with us electronically and consent to receive communication from us electronically. We may retain the content of the e-mail, your e-mail address, and our response in order to service your needs and requests. We may use the data that you provide to send you e-mail and for other business purposes, including marketing communications about our products or services that we believe you may find of interest.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing e-mail from Canyon Ranch or the Website, you may unsubscribe by doing any one of the following actions:
a. Send an e-mail with your current information to: firstname.lastname@example.org; or
b. Send a request in writing with your current information to: Canyon Ranch, Attn: General Counsel, 8600 East Rockcliff Road, Tucson, Arizona 85750.
If you send an e-mail or letter request, please be sure to include your full name, address, phone number and e-mail address. This will ensure we identify you correctly in our systems and accurately process your request. Please note that opting out of e-mail communications may not opt you out of receiving other hard copy information.
Canyon Ranch will take appropriate steps to implement your request to opt-out of receiving marketing communications. Please note that due to production, mailing and system timelines, in order to remove you from our marketing lists, it may take up to 10 business days for e-mails. Until that change takes effect, you may still receive marketing communications from us.
Also, please note that even though you may have opted out of receiving marketing communications, you may still receive business-related communications. Please be aware that opting-out of certain third party use may prevent us from providing certain services or products that you request.
Personal Medical Information
We do not require you to provide any personal medical information about yourself to us online, and we ask that you do not share personal medical information that you wish to keep confidential. Information you provide is not protected under confidentiality laws that protect physician-patient communications. Please carefully select what you choose to disclose.
Automatically Collected Information
In addition to any User Information that you choose to submit, some non-personally identifying information is automatically received and sometimes collected from you when you visit the Website. This information may include some or all of the following items: the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, including the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using and the IP address of your Internet Service Provider; the type and version of Internet browser software you use and your operating system; the date and time you access our site, the length of your stay and the specific pages, images, video or forms that you access while visiting the site; the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our website, and if applicable, the search engine that referred you and any search strings or phrases that you entered into the search engine to find this site; and demographic information concerning the country of origin of your computer and the language(s) used by it.
This information does not identify you personally, and we do not combine this information with any Personal Information that you may voluntarily and actively submit to us. We will not use this information to identify you individually, unless we must do so to investigate and/or remedy an issue of Website security, or if we are required to do so for other law enforcement purposes.
Instead, we use this information in the aggregate (combined with similar information collected from our other Website visitors) to help us analyze, maintain, and improve the Website, to monitor the usage of our Website, assess its performance, ensure technological compatibility with your computer, and understand the relative importance of the information provided on our Website. We may also use this data to conduct statistical analyses on visitors’ usage patterns, trends and other aggregated data.
Information Collected via Cookies
Most people do not know that cookies are being placed in their browsers when they visit the Website or most websites because browsers are often set to accept cookies. You can choose to have your browser warn you every time a cookie is being sent to you or you can refuse cookie placements.
Cookies can be set to expire: (1) on a specified date; (2) after a specific period of time; (3) when a transaction has been completed; or (4) when a user turns off his/her Internet browser. A cookie that is erased from memory when a visitor’s Internet browser closes is called a “session” cookie. Cookies that expire based on a time set by the Web server are called “persistent” cookies. These cookies are saved by your browser to your computer’s hard drive.
The Website uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. We use these cookies for analysis of the use of our Website and for marketing purposes.
How to Control Cookies
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to block cookies. Instructions for blocking cookies in your browsers are available at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/. Please be aware that if you choose to block cookies, some advertising preferences that are dependent on cookies may not be able to be respected.
If you accept cookies, you can delete them later. Instructions for deleting cookies in your browsers are also available at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/. If you choose to delete cookies, any settings and preferences controlled by those cookies, including advertising preferences, will be deleted and may need to be recreated.
Google Analytics with Display Advertising
In addition to Website analysis, we use Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. When someone visits a website that has partnered with the Google Display Network, Google stores a cookie to remember their visits. This number uniquely identifies a web browser on a specific computer, not a specific person. Browsers may be associated with a demographic category, such as gender or age range, based on the sites that were visited. Google may also use the content of the page or website or the main topics and themes from the page as well as data from third-party companies to associate interests with a browser’s anonymous cookie, taking into account how often people visit sites of those categories, among other factors. Google may use information that people provide to these partner websites about their gender, age, and other demographic or interest information. Google may use the websites people visit and third-party data to infer this information. For example, if the sites a person visits have a majority of female visitors (based on aggregated survey data on site visitation), we may associate the person’s cookie with the female demographic category. When you visit our Website, Google shares with us this demographic and interest reporting data that is associated with your browser.
We may also use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. This service allows third-party vendors, including Google, to show Canyon Ranch ads on sites across the internet. Canyon Ranch and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together, to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your visits to the Website.
You may opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the opt-outs offered by Google. You can access more information about these options by clicking here: Google Analytics Opt-Outs.
We will not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with any User Information without your prior express consent.
Internet Based Advertising and Do Not Track Technology
We currently use a variety of third-party services to collect and track this information. Each service has its own policies for handling Do Not Track signals and methods for opting out of the collection of such information for these purposes. For more information on internet based advertising, including options for opting out, the Network Advertising Initiative has created a website, which you can access by clicking here .
2. HOW WE USE AND SHARE USER INFORMATION
Canyon Ranch may use and share your User Information with third parties, including personally identifiable information, without limitation, in the following ways:
- To provide you with the products or services that you have requested; in each case, we ensure that these third parties have agreed not to use or disclose your personal information except to help us provide the products or services you have requested;
- In association with any purchases you make, including the verification, billing, and crediting of your credit card or other payment medium when you make a purchase and notifying you about the status of your purchase and to fulfill and deliver your purchase;
- To send marketing communications and purchase confirmations;
- To seek and obtain responses to surveys seeking your opinion of our services or of potential new products or services that we may offer, to better understand your needs and/or to identify trends and issues that are relevant to the services and products offered by Canyon Ranch;
- To process job applications and conduct associated background checks;
- When necessary in the course of obtaining technical support for the Website or our online Store from our third party contractors and service providers;
- As part of an aggregated combination of anonymous User Information of all Website users, to analyze and understand the sections, features and content of the Website that our users access and to improve the use and effectiveness of the Website;
- In response to judicial or other governmental subpoenas, warrants and court orders served on Canyon Ranch in accordance with their terms, or as otherwise required by applicable law;
- To comply with legal, regulatory or administrative requirements of governmental authorities;
- To protect or defend Canyon Ranch, our subsidiaries and affiliates and any of their officers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents, contractors and partners, in connection with any legal action, claim or dispute;
- To conduct, engage in and analyze marketing initiatives relating to our products and services;
- To share aggregated statistical or demographic data with our affiliates and/or business partners;
- To provide data with our affiliates and/or business partners to assist us in marketing and maximizing our business potential;
- User Information may be disclosed, sold or otherwise transferred if Canyon Ranch or its business is sold or offered for sale to another company or person(s), if a petition for relief under the United States Bankruptcy Laws is filed by or against Canyon Ranch, or if Canyon Ranch becomes subject to an order of appointment of a trustee or receiver.
We will not:
- Sell or rent your personally identifiable information to any third parties for any purpose; or
- Share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the purpose of allowing such third parties to market their own products or services to you.
We believe that, except where we are compelled by law to disclose your personally identifiable information, you should have a right to choose (opt-out) whether we disclose your personally identifiable information to a third party or use your personally identifiable information for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally provided or subsequently authorized by you. Please be aware that opting out of certain third party use may prevent us from providing certain services or products that you request.
When you click on links on our Website that take you to third-party websites, you will be subject to the third parties’ privacy policies. Canyon Ranch is not responsible for the actions of any third-party websites. We encourage you to read the posted privacy statement of any and every website you visit, whether you are linking from our website or browsing on your own.
Social Media Plug-Ins
We use social media plug-ins (buttons) on this Website such as for Facebook, Twitter, Google +, and Pinterest. If you click on one of these buttons, your browser connects directly to the web servers of the associated social network. If you are registered and logged into your account(s) on the social network(s), the social network(s) will receive and may store data about your use of the webpages on our Website that you visit while logged into your social media account. When you use a social network plug-in on our Website (e.g. you press the Facebook “Like” –feature, the Twitter “Tweet this” feature, the Google plus “1+” button or “Pin” the Pinterest feature) or post a comment on the Website page, this information is directly transmitted to the associated social network(s) from your browser. Even if you are not registered with the social network or you are logged out when you visit our Website, your IP address may be transmitted to and stored by the social network. For example, according to Facebook, your IP address is anonymously transmitted to Facebook when visiting any website that contains a “Like” button.
If you interact with our Website through a social media platform, then you may also be permitting Canyon Ranch to have access to some of the information from your social network profile (such as you name, email address, photo, gender, location, the people/sites you follow etc.).
3. ACCESS TO AND MANAGING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We believe it is important for you to be able to find out what personally identifiable information you have provided to us through our website. If you have provided us with personally identifiable information, you can contact us to request that we provide you with the personally identifiable information we have in our records about you, including a list of third parties to which we have shared or disclosed personal information as set forth in this policy. We reserve the right to limit the number of times such a request can be made and to charge you for responding to such requests if this process is misused or abused.
We know you want the personally identifiable information we have on record about you to be as complete and accurate as possible. We feel the same way. If you become aware that personally identifiable information or sensitive information you may have provided that we have in our records about you is inaccurate, incomplete, or incompatible with the purposes for which it was provided or subsequently authorized by you, please notify us using the contact information provided below.
4. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards for this Website to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the personal information you provide on this Website. Unfortunately, no transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure.
E-mail or other forms of electronic communication, including website submission, are not a confidential means of communication. While Canyon Ranch attempts to prevent unauthorized access to your User Information, or other information you submit, third parties not under our control may attempt to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. Therefore, any transmission of personal information to us is made at your own risk. If you believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us using the contact details below.
You have several options when deciding how you can best protect your personally identifiable information. One option is simply not to volunteer it. As stated above, this approach would allow you to still visit our website – although it will prevent you, for example, from taking advantage of some of our Website’s features including those in the automated “Contact Us” or other submission webpage or associated e-mail address.
The Federal Trade Commission’s website, www.ftc.gov, also offers useful information about how to protect personally identifiable information provided to a website.
5. PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT CHILDREN
The Website is targeted for use by adults. We do not currently market to or create special areas for use by children. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 years. However, we hereby advise all visitors to our site under the age of 13 not to disclose or provide any personally identifiable information on our website. In the event that we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided personally identifiable information to us, in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protect Act (see the Federal Trade Commission’s website at www.ftc.gov/protecting-your-childs-privacy-online for more information about this Act), we will delete the child’s personally identifiable information from our files to the extent technologically possible.
Send an e-mail with your current information to: email@example.com; or send a request in writing with your current information to: Canyon Ranch, Attn: General Counsel, 8600 East Rockcliff Road, Tucson, Arizona 85750.
7. CHANGES TO PRIVACY POLICIES