Sesame Beef with Sushi Rice & Snow Peasdate: October 23, 2012
Nutrition Information (per serving)
2 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp minced ginger
¼ tsp red chili flakes
1 Tbsp sesame oil
4 Tbsp low-sodium tamari
2 Tbsp brown sugar
½ cup vegetable stock
Six 3-oz beef tenderloin fillets, cut in half
1⅓ cups Arborio rice, rinsed
⅓ cup rice vinegar
1 Tbsp mirin wine
3 Tbsp cane sugar
1 tsp cornstarch
3 cups snow peas
½ tsp sesame oil
- Combine marinade ingredients in a glass bowl or glass baking dish. Add beef medallions and turn to coat. Marinate for 1 to 2 hours in refrigerator.
- Place rice in a large saucepan. Add enough water to cover rice by ½ inch. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Combine rice vinegar, mirin wine and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook until cane sugar dissolves. Fluff rice while adding vinegar mixture.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Grill or broil beef tenderloin to desired doneness, about 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 1 tablespoon water. Place leftover marinade in a small sauté pan. Bring to a simmer and add cornstarch mixture. Stir until thickened. Reheat sauce when ready to use.
- Heat sesame oil in a large sauté pan. Add snow peas and cook until just tender.
- Place ⅓ cup rice in center of plate. Arrange snow peas around rice. Top with 2 beef tenderloin medallions and 2 tablespoons sauce.