Pasta with Rapini and Italian Chicken Sausagedate: October 26, 2012
Nutrition Information (per serving)
1 lb fresh rapini (broccoli raab)
1 16-oz package fresh or dry pasta
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp minced garlic
½ lb Italian-seasoned chicken link sausage (low-fat and nitrite and nitrate-free)
1 cup chicken stock
½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
4 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring water to a boil in a large stockpot. Add rapini and blanch for 2 minutes, or until tender. Shock in ice water and drain.
- Prepare pasta according to directions.
- Slice sausage links.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, sauté garlic in olive oil until slightly browned. Add rapini and continue to sauté until softened. Deglaze the pan with chicken stock and scrape the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon to remove the browned bits. Continue cooking until sauce has thickened.
- Add the cooked pasta, salt, and pepper and toss until well mixed.
- Evenly divide between four plates. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon Parmesan.