Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes
2 Tbsp honey
5 oz peanuts
3 oz peanut butter powder
3 oz all-purpose flour
3 oz whole wheat flour
3 Tbsp evaporated cane sugar
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1.5 cups soy milk
1/4 cup Aquafaba reduction (by 75%)
2 each bananas, sliced
Aquafaba is the liquid in which garbanzo beans have been cooked in. But you don't have to cook your own garbanzo beans; you can purchase a can of cooked beans and use that liquid.
- Preheat oven to 325⁰ F. Toss peanuts in half the honey and roast for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Sift together peanut butter powder, AP flour, whole wheat flour, evaporated cane sugar, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Slowly add soy milk and Aquafaba reduction into dry mixture, whisking continuously until thoroughly combined.
- Ladle 6 oz of batter (for 3 pancakes) on a hot, lightly oiled griddle, and cook. Flip once the first side is golden brown and the bubbles have set.
To make Aquafaba reduction:
- Take 1 cup of Aquafaba, and place it in a pot.
- Turn the heat on low and cook until reduced down to 1/4 cup.
- Plate 3 pancakes, topped with sliced banana, a sprinkling of honey-roasted peanuts, and a light drizzle of honey.
|Servings||5 (3 pancakes each)|