Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potato Hash
9 oz sweet potato
7 oz onion, diced
1.5 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
5 oz Brussels sprouts, roasted
1 Tbsp almonds, slivered & toasted
1 tsp balsamic reduction
Note: Brussels sprouts are a cruciferous vegetable rich in vitamins C and K, and include the minerals of iron and potassium. Sweet potatoes are a superfood packed with nutrients, including vitamins A, B, C & E, and beta-carotene, plus choline, potassium, and magnesium.
- Shred sweet potato and onion with a box grater.
- Add olive oil to a pan over medium-high heat and cook sweet potato and onion until sweet potatoes are tender—season with salt and pepper.
- Add in roasted Brussels sprouts and cook until warmed through.
- Split has between 4 plates, then garnish each plate with toasted almonds and a drizzle of balsamic reduction.
- To make the balsamic reduction, place 1 quart of balsamic vinegar in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the liquid has reduced by 75 percent to achieve 1 cup's worth.
|Servings||4 (5 oz each)|