3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
3 Tbsp whole wheat pastry flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups Baker’s Bran
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground allspice
2 Tbsp canola oil
2 Tbsp blackstrap molasses
2 Tbsp pure honey
1 lg egg, lightly beaten
1 1/3 cups buttermilk
1/3 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly coat 10 cups of a 12-muffin pan with canola oil spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, molasses, honey, egg and buttermilk and mix well.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Do not over mix.
- Stir in raisins and fill prepared muffin pans ¾ full.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes in preheated oven, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.