What I Eat In A Day: Diary of a Canyon Ranch Nutritionist
If we are what we eat, then Canyon Ranch Director of Nutrition Stephanie Miezin is what you might call balanced.
As the Director of Nutrition for Canyon Ranch, Stephanie Miezin is constantly on the go—meeting with guests, chefs, and our integrative wellness teams at all four resorts.
While there’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all nutrition strategy, she’s boiled down the approach she takes in her life into six simple tenets.
- Include protein in every meal for longer-lasting energy and to promote muscle recovery.
- Start the day on a nutritional note with antioxidant-rich fruit in your breakfast.
- Aim for a 2:1:1 produce-protein-starch ratio for lunch and dinner.
- Opt for snacks with protein and starches to keep blood sugar balanced and hunger at bay.
- Keep dinner on the lighter side to ensure a good night’s sleep.
- Treat your sweet tooth with something small a few times per week.
What A Nutritionist Eats in a Day
Breakfast Protein + Starches + Fruit
Whole grain cereal with greek yogurt and blueberries
Lunch Protein + Starches + Veggies
Caramelized baby potatoes with grilled chicken and roasted veggies
Snack Protein + Starches + Fruit
Roasted edamame with pepitas and dried cranberries
Dinner Protein + Starches + Veggies
Whole wheat pasta with turkey Bolognese and roasted broccoli
Dessert Pure Joy
A dark chocolate peanut butter cup