Nutrition Information (per serving)
Twice Cooked Tofu
¼ cup low-sodium tamari sauce
¼ cup honey
2 Tbsp sherry
1 tsp five spice powder
2 tsp minced ginger root
16 oz hard tofu, cut into six ½-inch pieces
1 Tbsp canola oil
6 Wild Rice Crepes
1½ cup thinly sliced carrots
1 cup chopped scallions
1 cup sliced red onion
3 cups shredded Napa cabbage
1 cup bean sprouts
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
6 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- Combine tamari, honey, sherry, five spice powder and ginger in a bowl and mix well. Add tofu and marinate several hours or overnight in refrigerator.
- Prepare crepes and set aside.
- Remove tofu from marinade and cut each piece in half. Reserve marinade. Heat canola oil in a large sauté pan over medium. Sauté tofu until golden brown on each side. Return to marinade while cooking vegetables.
- Lightly coat a wok or large sauté pan with canola oil spray. Stir-fry carrots, scallions, onions, cabbage and bean sprouts until tender, but still crisp. Season with salt and pepper. Remove tofu from marinade and sauté briefly again to warm.
- Spread 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce over each rice crepe. Top with ¾ cup stir-fry vegetables and 2 pieces tofu. Fold in half.