Zahtar-Crusted Lamb with Pomegranate Molassesdate: August 26, 2014
Nutrition Information (per serving)
¼ cup sesame seeds
3 Tbsp sumac powder
2 Tbsp dry oregano
1 Tbsp dry marjoram
1½ tsp sea salt
1½ tsp ground fennel seed
½ tsp cayenne pepper
¼ tsp dry thyme
4 4-oz lamb chops
1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
3 Tbsp pomegranate molasses (or pomegranate syrup)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spread sesame seeds on baking sheet and roast in oven for about 5 minutes, or until mixture turns golden. Cool.
- Combine sesame seeds, sumac, oregano, marjoram, salt, ground fennel, cayenne pepper and thyme in a clean coffee grinder. Pulse briefly to grind. Do not over mix.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Dust each lamb chop with 2 teaspoons spice mixture. Store left-over spice mixture in an air-tight container.
- Grill or broil lamb chops until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Drizzle 2 teaspoons pomegranate molasses over 1 grilled lamb chop.