Tortilla-Crusted Sea Bass with Tomatillo Saucedate: November 7, 2012
Nutrition Information (per serving)
12 oz tomatillos, paper removed
½ jalapeño pepper, minced
¼ tsp dried oregano
2 tsp chopped fresh cilantro
1 tsp minced fresh garlic
¼ tsp sea salt
1 tsp fresh lime juice
4 corn tortillas, julienned
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp dry oregano
2 tsp sea salt
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp toasted and ground cumin seed
2 lg eggs, beaten
1 lb sea bass fillets, cut into 4-ounce portions
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Arrange whole tomatillos on baking sheet and roast in oven for 10 minutes, or until skin is golden brown. Place roasted tomatillos in blender with remaining sauce ingredients. Puree until smooth.
- Spread tortilla strips on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. Cool and crush into small pieces. Spread onto sheet pan.
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, oregano, salt, cayenne pepper and cumin.
- Lightly coat a baking pan with canola oil. Dip fish in flour mixture, then in egg. Dredge in tortilla crumbs and place in prepared baking pan. Repeat for remaining fish fillets. Lightly spray with olive oil. Bake in oven for 10 minutes, or until crust is golden and fish is easy to flake. Serve with ¼ cup sauce.