Spinach Chicken with Fetadate: October 26, 2012
Nutrition Information (per serving)
4 4-oz boneless skinless chicken breast halves
2 cups washed baby spinach
4 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese
Artichoke Caper Sauce
2 Tbsp minced garlic
½ cup canned artichoke hearts
¼ cup capers
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
½ cup chicken stock
- Pound chicken breasts into medallions with meat mallet between two pieces of waxed paper, to ¼-inch thick. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, sauté spinach until wilted. Remove from pan and put in refrigerator to cool.
- Once spinach has cooled, divide into four equal amounts. Place ¼ of the spinach and 1 tablespoon of feta cheese on each chicken breast, and roll chicken tightly.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, place chicken seam side down in the pan and sear for one minute on each side. Finish cooking in a 400F oven for 18 to 22 minutes.
- In a medium skillet, sauté garlic, artichokes, and capers in olive oil. Add chicken stock and lemon juice and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve each stuffed chicken breast topped with ¼ cup of Artichoke Caper Sauce.