Nutrition Information (per serving)
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp minced fresh garlic
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
½ cup low-sodium ketchup
½ cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Pinch red chili flakes
½ cup chopped fresh parsley
1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 8-inch wooden skewers
- In a shallow glass baking pan, combine all ingredients except for shrimp.
- Add shrimp and stir to coat. Marinate uncovered in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Pour marinade from shrimp into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil for 1 minute and set aside.
- Prepare hot coals for grilling or preheat broiler. Soak skewers in water for 10 minutes.
- Thread 3 shrimp onto each skewer. Lightly spray grill with olive oil and baste shrimp with boiled marinade until color changes to pink, about 2 minutes on each side. Do not over cook.