Snapper with Brown Butter Vinaigrettedate: November 7, 2012
Nutrition Information (per serving)
Brown Butter Vinaigrette
1 cup minced shallots
½ cup unsalted butter
½ cup fresh lemon juice
½ cup water
2 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp cane sugar
1 tsp sea salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley
1 lb red snapper, cut into 4 equal portions
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1⅓ cups Herbed Quinoa
2 cups steamed sugar snap peas
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place shallots in a strainer and submerge in a small pan of boiling water for 5 seconds until blanched.
- In a small sauté pan, over medium heat, sauté butter until it turns brown.
- Place blanched shallots, lemon juice, water, zest, sugar, salt and pepper in a blender and puree. Slowly drizzle in brown butter. Stir in parsley at the end.
- Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat until it is very hot. Add olive oil. Add fish and sear for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to oven and cook 7 to 8 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve each fish fillet with 2 tablespoons Brown Butter Vinaigrette drizzled over the top and ⅓ cup Herbed Quinoa and ½ cup sugar snap peas on the side.