Smoked Chicken Wrap with Curry Spiced Mayodate: October 26, 2012
Nutrition Information (per serving)
1 tsp curry powder
¼ tsp ground cumin
Pinch cayenne pepper
¼ cup canola oil mayonnaise
1 tsp fresh lime juice
½ tsp honey
1 Tbsp low-fat sour cream
1½ tsp chopped fresh cilantro
Pinch sea salt
12 oz smoked, shredded chicken breast
¼ cup dried cranberries
1 Sweet Orange tea bag, such as Constant Comment or Good Earth Spiced Tea
1 Tbsp diced red onions
2 cups fresh spinach
2 Tbsp diced Peppadew ™ peppers
6 whole-wheat flour tortillas, about 10-in diameter
- In a small sauté pan over medium heat, toast curry, cumin and cayenne pepper for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring continuously to prevent burning. Place spices in a small bowl. Add mayonnaise, lime juice, honey, sour cream, cilantro and salt. Mix well.
- Steep Sweet Orange teabag in a cup of hot water. Brew for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, reconstitute dried cranberries in hot Sweet Orange tea. Drain cranberries and add to bowl with chicken. Add onions, spinach and peppers and toss together.
- Place shredded chicken in a large bowl.
- Place tortilla on a flat surface. Place ½ cup of vegetable and chicken mixture and 1 tablespoon curry spiced mayo on a tortilla. Roll burrito style.