Shrimp Fritters with Cucumber Pineapple Saladdate: November 7, 2015
Nutrition Information (per serving)
1 lb well-drained raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
½ cup chopped scallions, lightly packed
2 tsp water
1½ Tbsp low-sodium tamari sauce
1/4 tsp red chili flakes
2 lg eggs, beaten
¾ cup whole-wheat flour
½ tsp baking powder
Cucumber Pineapple Salad
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
Pinch sea salt
1 Tbsp cane sugar
1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger root
1 tsp finely minced fresh lemon grass
1 cup diced fresh pineapple
1 cup peeled and diced cucumber
¼ cup diced red onions
- Cut shrimp into thirds and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together scallions, water, tamari sauce, chili flakes and eggs. Stir in chopped raw shrimp.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Slowly incorporate flour mixture into batter, until it reaches consistency of a thick pancake batter, thick enough to spoon.
- Heat a large nonstick sauté pan over medium heat and lightly spray with canola oil spray. Using a ⅓-cup measure for each fritter, scoop batter onto heated sauté pan. Sauté fritters 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown and crispy and shrimp is cooked through.
- In a medium bowl, whisk vinegar, salt, sugar, ginger and lemon grass together. Add pineapple, cucumber and onions and toss together until well combined.
- Serve 2 fritters with ½ cup of Cucumber Pineapple Salad.