Nutrition Information (per serving)
2 egg yolks
½ cup canned crushed pineapple, well drained
¼ cup cane sugar
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
⅛ tsp sea salt
2 egg whites
1 Tbsp cane sugar
½ cup heavy cream
2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
3 Tbsp orange juice
2½ Tbsp cane sugar
4 Tbsp toasted coconut flakes
- Prepare Genoise according to recipe.
- In a medium saucepan, combine egg yolks, pineapple, sugar, lemon juice and salt. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Cool and cover.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form. In a separate small bowl, beat heavy cream until soft peaks form. Fold whipped whites and heavy cream into egg yolk and pineapple mixture.
- Spread pineapple mixture evenly over genoise in the cake pan. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze over night.
- Combine all ingredients for strawberry sauce in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Remove cake from freezer and slice into 12 slices. Serve each slice topped with 2 tablespoons strawberry sauce and 1 teaspoon of toasted coconut.