Peppered Chicken Medallions with Mushroomsdate: October 26, 2012
Nutrition Information (per serving)
Au Poivre Sauce
1 tsp green peppercorns
1 Tbsp white wine
2 Tbsp minced shallots
¼ Tbsp unsalted butter
2½ Tbsp dry sherry
⅔ cup beef stock
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp heavy cream
4 4-oz chicken breasts
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp sea salt
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 cup fresh cremini mushrooms or seasonal wild mushrooms
1⅓ cups chicken stock
- Combine peppercorns and wine in a small sauté pan. Bring to a boil and cook until wine has evaporated. Cool peppercorns and coarsely chop in a coffee grinder.
- In a large sauté pan, melt butter and add shallots. Cook over low heat until slightly browned, add peppercorns and sherry. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Add demi-glace and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and whisk in Dijon mustard until combined. Remove from heat and whisk in cream. Set aside.
- Cut chicken breasts in half to form 8 (2-ounce) medallions. Season with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan and add chicken. Cook over medium heat until golden brown on one side. Turn chicken and add mushrooms. Sauté briefly. Add stock and cook until chicken is completely cooked. Add sauce and cook until heated through.
- Serve 2 chicken medallions with ¼ cup sauce.