Pan-Seared Chicken with Spaetzledate: October 26, 2012
Nutrition Information (per serving)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 lg egg
Pinch sea salt
4 4-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, each cut into 3 strips
½ cup minced red onions
2 cups chopped fresh spinach
1 cup sliced mushrooms
½ cup diced tomatoes
½ cup chicken stock
2 tsp unsalted butter
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- To make spaetzle, combine flour, egg, salt and water in a medium bowl until a smooth batter forms.
- Hold a colander just above the surface of the boiling water. Pour spaetzle batter into the colander and allow it to drip through. Once the spaetzle pieces float to the top of boiling water, allow to cook for 30 seconds more before removing with slotted spoon and putting in a clean colander to drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear chicken strips for 1 minute on each side. Add onions, mushrooms, spinach and tomatoes to skillet and transfer to oven. Cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken-vegetable mixture from oven and add chicken stock, butter and spaetzle. Fold together ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve 3 ounces of chicken breast with ¾ cup vegetable-spaetzle mixture.