Nutrition Information (per serving)
⅓ cup unsalted butter
¼ cup low-fat cream cheese
¾ cup cane sugar
1 lg egg
1¾ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup cocoa powder
2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp sea salt
¾ cup buttermilk
⅔ tsp pure vanilla extract
¼ cup brewed coffee
⅓ cup fruit juice sweetened, low-fat chocolate sauce
1 cup Ganache
⅓ cup evaporated skim milk
⅔ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly coat a 9-inch bundt pan with canola oil spray and dust with all-purpose flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer on low speed until sugar is dissolved. Add egg and mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine buttermilk, vanilla, coffee and chocolate sauce. Add half of flour mixture to creamed mixture and mix on low speed for 30 seconds. Add half of buttermilk mixture and mix until just combined Add remaining half of flour mixture and mix for 30 seconds. Add remaining buttermilk mixture and mix briefly until smooth. Pour into bundt pan.
- For Ganache, heat milk until just before boiling. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes, and whisk together. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let sit for 15 minutes on a wire rack to cool.
- Invert cake onto a large plate and let cool completely. Pour ganache over the top of the cake. Slice into 20 servings.