Mini Red Apple Cakes with Pomegranate Drizzledate: October 30, 2012
Nutrition Information (per serving)
Red Apple Cakes
¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
¼ cup low fat cream cheese
½ cup cane sugar
1 lg egg yolk
¾ cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp aluminum-free baking soda
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
½ cup low-fat sour cream
2 Tbsp apple juice concentrate
1 lg Red Delicious apple, shredded
¼ cup honey
1 tsp water
2 tsp pomegranate syrup
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly coat 12-cup muffin pan with canola oil spray. Set aside
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar with a hand held mixer. Reduce speed to lowest and add egg yolk. Continue mixing until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In another small bowl, combine sour cream and apple juice concentrate.
- Add half of flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix briefly. Add half the sour cream mixture to creamed mixture and mix. Add remaining half of flour mixture and mix just to combine. Add remaining wet mixture and mix just to combine. Fold in shredded apples.
- Evenly divide cake batter into prepared muffin pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients for Pomegranate Drizzle until well combined.
- Top each cake with 1 teaspoon Pomegranate Drizzle.