Nutrition Information (per serving)
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
½ cup diced yellow onions
1 Tbsp minced garlic cloves
2 28-oz cans whole tomatoes
1½ cups canned tomato sauce
Pinch dry oregano
Pinch dry basil
Pinch cracked black pepper
1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 tsp chopped fresh oregano
2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
1 Tbsp honey
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until onions are translucent.
- Using an immersion blender or food processor, rough chop the tomatoes.
- Add tomatoes and tomato sauce to onions and garlic. Stir in dry herbs and pepper.
- Simmer for 1½ hours, or until thickened.
- Add basil, oregano, parsley and honey. Stir to combine.