Lime-Crusted Tilapia with Southwest Salsadate: November 6, 2012
Nutrition Information (per serving)
4 4-oz tilapia fillets
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
½ cup breadcrumbs
1 tsp lime zest
1 lg egg, beaten
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Sundried Tomato Rice
3/4 cup water
1 Tbsp sundried tomatoes
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp diced yellow onion
½ cup Arborio rice
1 cup chicken stock
2 tsp fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
2 med tomatoes
¼ cup diced canned green chili peppers
¼ cup chopped yellow onions
½ tsp sea salt
½-1 tsp chopped Serrano or jalapeño pepper
- Season fillets with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and lime zest. Dip fish in egg, then dust each fillet with 2 tablespoons breadcrumb mixture.
- In a large sauté pan over medium high heat, sauté fish fillets in olive oil about 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through
- In a small bowl, reconstitute tomatoes in ¾ cup water. Do not discard water.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, sauté onions in olive oil until translucent. Stir in rice. Add tomatoes and their water, chipotle peppers, chicken stock and lime juice. Cover and cook until rice is tender. Garnish with cilantro.
- For salsa: Preheat grill or broiler. Grill or broil tomatoes. Allow to cool and dice. In a small bowl, toss together tomato, green chili peppers, onions, salt and peppers.
- Serve 1 fish fillet with ¼ cup salsa and ½ cup of Sundried Tomato Rice.