Lasagna with Meat Saucedate: October 23, 2012
Nutrition Information (per serving)
¾ lb lean ground beef
1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
¾ cup chopped yellow onions
1 Tbsp minced garlic cloves
2 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground fennel seed
2 cups fresh Marinara Sauce
2 cups fat-free ricotta cheese
2 egg yolks
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp dried basil
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp sea salt
⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
3 cups fresh Marinara Sauce
1 package oven-ready lasagna noodles
¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly coat a 9 by 13 by 2-inch baking pan with canola oil spray.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, brown beef. Drain. Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until onions are translucent. Add meat and spices to skillet and sauté briefly. Add marinara sauce to meat and cook until sauce thickens, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, egg yolks, garlic granules, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- To assemble lasagna, spread ½ cup marinara sauce in bottom of baking pan. Place 1½ pasta sheets over marinara. Top with ½ of ricotta mixture, spreading ricotta evenly over pasta. Top with 1 cup meat sauce and ¼ cup parmesan cheese. Top with 1 ½ pasta sheets, ½ cup marinara, 1 cup meat sauce and sprinkle with ¼ cup mozzarella cheese. Top with another 1½ pasta sheets, other half of ricotta mixture, 1 cup meat sauce, ¼ cup parmesan cheese. Top with 1½ pasta sheets, ½ cup marinara, 1 cup meat sauce and ¼ cup mozzarella.
- Finally, top with remaining 1 pasta sheet, ½ cup marinara, ¼ cup mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from oven and cool slightly. Cut into 8 servings.