Lamb Loin with Herb Brothdate: October 25, 2012
Nutrition Information (per serving)
½ tsp whole coriander seed
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp course black pepper
1 tsp minced garlic
1½ qt water
½ cup diced yellow onions
¼ cup peeled and chopped carrots
2 Tbsp chopped celery
¾ cup dry spelt
4 4-oz lamb loin chops, bones removed
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place coriander, oregano, black pepper and garlic into a sachet.
- Place water, onion, carrot, celery and spice sachet into a large saucepot over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Add spelt, reduce to a simmer and cook for about 2 hours or until spelt is tender but not mushy. Drain well if needed.
- Season lamb with salt and pepper and sear over medium-high heat for 1 minute on each side. Transfer lamb to a baking dish and finish in oven until done.
- In the same sauté pan, over medium heat, sauté shallots briefly. Add wine and deglaze pan until almost dry. Add beef stock and bring to a boil. Reduce by half. Stir in Herb Pesto and remove from heat.
- Place ⅓ cup Braised Spelt on the bottom of plate. Top with 1 lamb chop and ¼ cup Herb Broth.