Lamb Chops with Grand Marnier Currant Saucedate: October 25, 2012
Nutrition Information (per serving)
Grand Marnier Currant Sauce
¼ cup diced red onions
1½ Tbsp grated orange peel
1 orange, peeled and sectioned
2 Tbsp honey
½ cup chicken stock
¼ cup Grand Marnier
½ tsp sea salt
⅛ tsp chili flakes
¼ tsp curry powder
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
⅔ cup dried currants
6 4-oz lamb chops
6 tsp Latin Spice Rub
- Preheat grill or broiler. Prepare Latin Spice Rub.
- To prepare sauce, heat onion in a small sauce pot over medium-low heat until onion is slightly tender. Deglaze pot with Grand Marnier and reduce by half. Add orange peel and sections, honey, chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Add salt, chili flakes and curry powder. Turn off heat and add butter and currants, stir until combined.
- Dust lamb chops with ½ teaspoon Latin Spice Rub on each side.
- Grill or broil lamb chops until cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Serve 1 grilled lamb chop with ¼ cup Grand Marnier Currant Sauce.