Grouper with Tomatillo Salsadate: October 26, 2012
Nutrition Information (per serving)
Southwest Green Cabbage Salad
2 cups shredded green cabbage
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
½ tsp sea salt
4 med tomatillos, outer paper removed
1 Roma tomato, diced
1½ tsp fresh chopped oregano
½ tsp minced jalapeño pepper
1½ tsp fresh lime juice
1½ tsp rice vinegar
¼ tsp sea salt
4 corn tortillas
1 Tbsp canola oil
1 lb red grouper, cut into 4 equal portions
4 tsp Latin Spice Rub
- Place cabbage in a large bowl and slightly bruise with a meat mallet. Add remaining ingredients and mix to combine. Let marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Discard left over juice.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with canola oil spray. Place tomatillos on baking sheet and place in oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until roasted. Cool and chop.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatillos with remaining ingredients for salsa. Set aside.
- Preheat grill.
- Brush tortillas with canola oil. Stack and cut into thin strips. Spread on sheet pan and bake until crispy, 5 to 10 minutes, being careful not to burn.
- Rub each grouper fillet with 1 teaspoon of Latin spice mixture. Grill 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Serve ½ cup Southwest Green Cabbage Salad with ¼ cup Tomatillo salsa and top with fish fillet. Divide tortilla strips into 4 servings. Sprinkle over fish.