Green Bean & Edamame Stir-Fry
Nutrition Information (per serving)
1 gal water
¼ cup sea salt
1 lb green beans, trimmed
¼ cup fermented black beans
½ cup Mirin wine
1 Tbsp brown miso paste
½ cup chopped scallions
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp minced ginger
½ tsp chili flakes
1 cup thawed and shelled edamame (green soybeans)
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cups cooked brown rice
- Bring water and salt to a boil in a large stockpot. Blanch green beans for 5 to 7 minutes, or until tender but not mushy. Drain and cool.
- Combine black beans, wine, miso, scallions, garlic, ginger and chili. Stir until miso dissolves.
- Cut green beans into 1-inch pieces and combine with edamame in a medium bowl.
- Add olive oil, then the green bean mixture to a cold wok. Turn heat on high. Stir-fry to heat, then add the black bean mixture. Cook until the sauce sticks to beans. Remove from wok.
- Evenly divide the beans among four plates and serve with ½ cup brown rice.