Fish Tacos with Chipotle Aiolidate: October 26, 2012
Nutrition Information (per serving)
1 egg yolk
1½ tsp Dijon mustard
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup water
1½ Tbsp fresh lemon juice
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp sea salt
2 Tbsp minced fresh garlic
1¼ cup nonfat sour cream
1 Tbsp minced chipotle pepper
1 lb halibut, cut into 4 equal portions
4 cups shredded green cabbage
4 tsp fresh lime juice
4 tsp chopped cilantro
8 whole-wheat tortillas, about 6-in in diameter
½ cup salsa or pico de gallo
- In a blender container, combine egg yolk and mustard. While blending on low speed, add olive oil in a slow stream until mixture thickens. Add water a little at a time if mixture becomes too thick.
- After all of oil has been added and while machine is still running, add remaining ingredients in order they appear for sauce. Keep leftover sauce refrigerated.
- Preheat grill. Grill halibut for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until tender and flaky.
- In a medium bowl, combine cabbage with lime juice and cilantro.
- Warm tortillas. Lay flat and place 1½ ounces or half a portion cooked halibut in each tortilla. Top with ¼ cup shredded cabbage mixture and 1½ teaspoons aioli. Fold in half.
- Serve 2 tacos with 2 tablespoons salsa