October 18, 2012
Nutrition Information (per serving)
2¼ cups warm water
2¼ tsp yeast
2 Tbsp honey
3 cups white bread flour
2 cups whole-wheat bread flour
1 tsp sea salt
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup dry roasted chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly coat 2 medium-size bread pans with canola oil spray.
- Pour warm water into a large bowl and stir in yeast and honey. Let sit for 5 minutes until it begins to bubble.
- Add flours, salt, cranberries and pecans and mix well. Continue mixing until dough forms a ball.
- Place dough ball on flat surface and knead dough until smooth and glossy, about 5 minutes. Add additional bread flour if needed to reduce stickiness. Place dough in a bowl and cover. Let rise in a warm place for 30 to 45 minutes until it has doubled in size.
- When dough has doubled in size, punch down and divide in half. Form dough into 2 smooth oblong shapes and place in bread pans. Allow bread to rise again for about 1 hour until dough is approximately 1 inch above the rim of the bread pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool and slice each loaf into 16 slices.