Chicken with Orange Saucedate: October 25, 2012
Nutrition Information (per serving)
¾ cup beef stock
1 tsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tsp water
¼ cup cane sugar
¼ cup white distilled vinegar
2 Tbsp orange juice concentrate
2 tsp grated orange peel
Pinch sea salt
Pinch freshly ground black pepper
4 skinless chicken breast halves, boned and defatted
2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp chopped shallots
½ cup fresh orange juice
Stir-fry Napa Cabbage
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
5 cups chopped napa cabbage
½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 cup orange segments
- In a small saucepan, bring beef stock to a boil. Add cornstarch slurry and cook until thickened.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and vinegar. Bring to a boil reduce heat and simmer until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add orange juice and grated orange peel. Cook 2 more minutes. Add beef stock and cook for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large sauté pan, sear chicken breasts in olive oil until golden brown on each side. Add shallots and sauté briefly. Add orange juice concentrate and orange sauce. Cook until chicken is cooked through, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- In another sauté pan, heat oil and stir-fry cabbage until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve 1 chicken breast and ¼ cup sauce with ½ cup stir-fry cabbage and ½ cup sushi rice.
- Garnish with ¼ cup orange segments.