Chicken Fritters with Granny Smith Apple Salsadate: October 23, 2012
Nutrition Information (per serving)
1½ lb boneless, skinless chicken breast meat
4 lg eggs
1½ cups diced yellow onion
½ cup potato starch
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp low-sodium tamari sauce
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1⅛ tsp paprika
¼ tsp Old Bay Seasoning
1⅛ tsp garlic granules
1⅛ tsp onion powder
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
Granny Smith Apple Salsa
1 lb Granny Smith apples, diced
¼ cup diced red onion
¼ cup diced red bell pepper
¼ cup fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp cane sugar
2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1 tsp minced jalapeño peppers
½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat grill or broiler. Combine ingredients for salsa and set aside.
- Grill or broil chicken until cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Cool and shred finely.
- In a large bowl combine chicken, eggs, onion, potato starch, olive oil, tamari sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Combine remaining spices in a small bowl and mix well before adding to chicken mixture. Place chicken mixture in refrigerator and marinate at least 2 hours.
- Using ⅓ cup measure, form chicken mixture into balls and then flatten, making sure to press out excess liquid.
- Heat a large nonstick sauté pan and lightly spray with canola oil. Sauté fritters until golden brown and crispy on each side.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients for Granny Apple Salsa and mix well.
- Serve 2 fritters with ⅓ cup Granny Smith Apple Salsa.